Salt and Cracked Pepper Encrusted Roasted Baby Potatoes

roasted fingerling potatoes

This is a really easy, delicious and foolproof recipe for roasted potatoes!
 
This recipe gives you a crisp, salt and pepper encrusted crust with pillowy flakes of soft, steaming potato inside.  How can you not fall in love with that?  Plus, this makes for wonderful and easy leftovers!  I just pop a couple into a container and they’re a healthy, tasty, satisfying side dish for my lunch. They're also great for picnics and road trips, because they don't require utensils or refrigeration. 
Roasted potatoes are in my Top Five of favorite types of pure potato dishes.  Rounding out my Top Five would have to be fries, tator tots, butter/garlic mashed potatoes, and steamed butter potatoes.  Oh wait… I almost forgot about baked potato skins with bacon, sour cream and chives!  Oooh, and skillet-fried hashbrowns!!  Mmm…. okay.  Top Seven.  Hee hee.

I like to use the little, baby gold potatoes that are about two-inches wide.  Serving size varies on how many potatoes each person wants to eat.  I usually buy a bag-full and roast them all.  (Mass cooking saves you time AND money.)  Because this recipe is so simple and everything is to taste, I’m going to try a new recipe format.  Edible items you need are in bold.  Here goes!

* * * RECIPE * * *

Lower the oven rack to about 18" away from the top.  Turn the oven on to broil.  Line a roasting pan or cookie sheet with foil.  Wash the gold baby potatoes.  In a large bowl, lightly coat the potatoes with olive oil, salt, and freshly cracked black pepper.  Toss to evenly coat.  Pour the potatoes into the pan/sheet and broil uncovered for 40-50 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. yum yum yum! the pioneer woman has this recipe for smashed potatoes that are also very delicious. because it's smashed, it adds extra crispy crunchiness on all surfaces after it comes out of the oven. that is imperative to me when it comes to roasted taters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason I thought I grabbed fingerlings...no worries. I have baby Yukons, which are my fave potato anyway! I LOVE salt and pepper shrimp, salt and pepper chicken...this will be next!

    ReplyDelete